Florida Home Inspector Pre License Course
Department of Business and Professional Regulation Course Approval #0000207
Pre License Training
The 120 hour Florida Pre License Home Inspector Course will prepare the student for the state and national exam through classroom and actual onsite home inspections of several local homes. Professional Home Inspectors with many years of experience in the business and approved by the state, provide students with the best possible training available. We are a local Florida School offering courses since 2000.
Home inspection requires comprehensive technical knowledge of building systems and practices, which are always evolving. What this means to the student, is the need to acquire a significant range of knowledge and skills to be proficient.
This 836 page book is intended as a starting point for prospective inspectors. It is a comprehensive introduction to home inspection. As such, it focuses on the most common, geographically widespread house systems and components you are likely to encounter.
The student will understand the following systems covered in this course:
- Insulation and ventilation
- Heating and cooling
This book provides an introduction to report writing, a critical task for home inspectors.
Steps to Getting a Home Inspector License
- Complete approved 120 hour course
- Pass state and national exam
- EXAMINATION: Individuals seeking a license as a Home Inspector must first take and pass a department approved exam for home inspection. The applicant must submit proof of passing the department approved examination. See the list of Department Approved Home Inspector Examinations.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our fingerprint FAQS.
- INSURANCE: An applicant must attest to purchasing general liability insurance in the amount of $300,000.
- FEE: Pay the required $230 fee as provided in the application. If applying online, you can pay with a credit card or electronic check. If mailing your application, please include a check payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military Services page for more information.
Attach certificate of completion of 120-hour pre-license training approved by the Department.